Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Please Come Back


Mgbafo, Dear Mgbafo, I truly wish that you would come back to me my dear. Your sibling Odukwe has taken you captive from your lover, and I wish to claim you back. Without you I have a hole in my heart that needs to be filled. I wish that I do not need to resort to emotional tactics, but I am left with no choice but to let out my feeling and win you back my love. I have made a promise to you, your siblings and to the land of Umuofia that if I hurt you once again, my genitals will be no longer a part of me. I hope that you see my newly found apologetic side and accept my dearest apology. Our children need us. They cannot be kept in the middle of this feud. In order for them to succeed and prosper in life, we must nourish them and let them grow to the best of their ability. In order to do this we must work together and show them that we will be there for them. To show you my newly developed attitude towards love, I have taken time and have gone all the way here from Umuofia just to beg for your love. Mgbafo, this truly is my most intimate feelings I am letting out. This side of me has never been seen by anyone else. You have my heart to the very end, and I wish that you will keep that in mind when you make your decision. Despite your past feelings toward me and my outrageous attitude, I wish that you accept my confession. For our children, for our family and for the sake of love, please come back to me. Tell me what must be done to win your love back. Is it a change of heart? Perhaps a change in religion? Whatever you want, I will do, as your wish is my command.

P.S. This is not exactly what I said for my presentation. I improvised for the most part, but this is what I based my presentation on.

3 comments:

  1. And a very good improvised version that was. I really enjoyed the emotion you did in portraying a truly sorry husband. A well written script with a hint of emotion in it. Great job on the work and presentation Kyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! If your presentation was improved it was really good! Your script is really unique and it is very different from how I portrayed Uzowulu in my own monologue. I really enjoyed how you took segments of the book and added your own twist to it where Uzowulu is actually sorry for his actions and is asking for Mgbafo's forgiveness. I love the line where you are willing to change your heart religion and virtually everything in our power just for her to forgive you. Very powerful and emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From your script it seems that your presentation was an emotional one!

    I find it interesting how each person has a different take on the same character; Agassi was a mean old..... while you were an apologetic lover wanting his heart to become whole again!

    Your take on Uzowulu was especially genuine as he disregarded his dignity in order to win back his wife. In a society as rigid and masculine as the Igbo, this shows Uzowulu must have loved Mgbafo with all his heart in order to do what you portrayed him to do. If this were another man, such as Okonkwo, he probably would have either killed his wife's family or find another six wives to satisfy his loss!

    Excellent take!

    ReplyDelete